Monday, August 31, 2009

My Very Big Little World by Peter H. Reynolds

This book is about a young girl named Sugarloaf who tells about the many different things she sees in her world. What is interesting about this book is the way it really looks at the world through a child's point of view. She discusses "her neighborhood" which consists of all of her stuffed animals and she talks about "going to work" when her parents do. It is very relatable for young children.

I could definitely see myself using this book in my future classroom because aside from being from a child's perspective it is also a good way to show comparisons. Throughout the entire book Sugarloaf is comparing things in her world; her family members, objects she sees around her, things in nature. If a teacher were doing a class on comparisons I definitely think this would be a great book for demonstration, especially for younger children. Overall, I thought this was a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment