Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shadows by April Pulley Sayre

This book is about two friends who discover their shadows and then they continue to find all the things around them that have shadows.
I thought this book was really sweet. It had a "stop and smell the roses" theme to me. It's easy to notice peoples' shadows but it's not so easy to notice a flower's shadow, or a tree's shadow, or the fact that a person's hat creates a shadow. I really enjoyed this book because it pointed things out that I had never thought about before and did it in a way that I hadn't thought of before. The illustrations really bring the idea of shadows into the overall pictures. The illustrator used acrylics and there aren't really definite lines but you can still see the basic picture; which is just like a shadow. I thought this story was great and I think children would love it. It could be a great resource for discussing details and being specific in stories and why it is important in stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment