Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alligator Boy by Cynthis Rylant and Diane Goode

This is about a little boy who decides he wants to be an alligator instead of a little boy and it goes through his day, at school and at home, as an alligator. As an added bonus the story also rhymes!

I could see using this book in my classroom for two main reasons. The first would be to look into rhyming and maybe even the very beginning of poetry. I think the students would find this book fun to read so it would be easy for them to sit and listen to if you were trying to work it into a lesson. Second, I would use this book just to encourage imagination. I know there were many times growing up that I didn't want to be a little girl any more, I wanted to be something completely different. I think this is a great way to show students that they can let these ideas out and have fun with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment