Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff

This is one of my all time favorite books! This book is about a boy who gives a mouse a cookie and then the mouse asks for a glass of milk and it goes on and on. There are a series "what if" scenarios that make up the story and in the end it comes back to "If you give a mouse a cookie..."

I love this book because it is hilarious and it's just a fun book to read. For teaching, I think this would be a great book for teaching a circular type of writing, where the beginning comes back in the end. I think this book does an excellent job of showing how that can work in a story. Also, I think children just really enjoy this book. I read this with my child study and he thought it was really funny and I liked that it was a pretty simple book so it was easy for him to read and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment