Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oops by Arthur Geisert

This is another wordless book and it took me a couple times through to figure out what was going on. For this book the reader really has to concentrate on the pictures, I kind of felt like I was going through a "Where is Waldo" book and looking for things that were out of place in the picture. It all starts with a glass of spilled milk at the breakfast table and how that trickles down through a hole in the floor, through the pipes, onto a paint tray that hits a saw, and so on until the whole house comes down.

I thought this book was really fun to read and look through just because it was a challenge to find what was happening in the picture and how that was going to affect on the next picture. I had to read through the book at least three times before I noticed the glass of spilled milk on the second page that started the entire process. It really helped me get focused and when I went to another wordless book I noticed I was looking over every detail in a picture before I went on. This book puts a fun twist on the saying "Don't cry over spilled milk."

No comments:

Post a Comment