Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Other Side by Istvan Banyai

This is a wordless book and it is a book about perspectives. Throughout the book you see a picture and then when you turn the page you see the otherside. By the end of the book you are back where you started but you are in a different position or different perspective. It reminded me of the wordless book "Flotsam" except that all of the pictures don't connect to one another.

I really liked this book because it made me pay attention to detail and I was constantly wondering what was going to happen next. I could definitely see using this in a classroom for multiple lessons; it would help show perspectives and the idea that there are two sides to every story. I also think this is a good beginning to read book because it makes the reader start asking, "what is going to happen next," which is a very important part of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment